Sunday, March 27, 2011

The lack of common courtesy and a preponderance of idiots

Whatever happened to common courtesy? It seems to me that it is something that can only be found in a dictionary. I'm at the convenience store the other day, walking to my car when a lady with her teenage daughter drove up and blocked me from backing out of my parking space so she could drop off her video to the RedBox. She had to have seen me walking to my car and I know she had to hear me beep the horn when she was walking to return her video. She just looked at me and kept on going. I believe that a man should never hit a woman, but my belief was tested right then. It's a good thing I don't own a gun because I don't have any strongly held beliefs about shooting one.
This is but one example of the daily rudeness that we all see. I sometimes wish I could just smack them upside the head and ask them "WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU THINKING????" The only thing that holds me back is the fear that said idiot is "packing heat" or would probably sue me. So instead, I release my frustrations with cheap vodka and writing about it. Unfortunately, we have overcome Darwinisim, and now instead of survival of the fittest, there is survival of the dumbest. What the HELL happened? Nobody sent me the memo.
O.K., I know that we live in complicated times, and it is easy to get distracted, but c'mon. Of all the stupid things we see daily, only a few are caused distracted normal people. The rest, the biggest portion, are caused by IDIOTS whose mental faculties only allow them to focus on the task at hand. This leads me to the conclusion that it is not a lack of common courtesy, it is a preponderance of IDIOTS who are unable to be aware of anything other than their selves. So, what are we normal people to do? Do we run the risk of being sued or shot to point out their stupidity? Secretly hope that some other person will shoot them someday? In reality, I think we will all live a little bit longer if we just recite the mantra "Forgive them Lord, for they know not what they do". It's not quite as satisfying as whacking them upside the head, but in the words of Shrek, "That'll do Donkey, That'll do..."

No comments:

Post a Comment