Thursday, January 27, 2011

"MY HYPROCRICY KNOWS NO BOUNDS"

One of the great lines from my favorite Western is the title of this post. In the movie Tombstone, Doc Holliday says to Wyatt Earp, "My hyprocricy knows no bounds..." (That was almost as good as "My Dear, You are not wearing your bustle. How LEWD..." but that is entirely another post ; ) ). Having just started this "blogging thang", I am unclear as to how this all happens. What to do. How to do it, and a multiple of other questions too numerous to list here. [Blogger note: I know my punctuation isn't exactly standard. Either deal with it, or consider me the lovechild of ee cummings..]
All I can say is that I have always liked to read and write. I've never kept a journal, but I've always got some narrative going on in my head. Now, I have a forum to release upon the world, what George Carlin might refer to as "Mind Droppings". Will the world even know about this little blog? I doubt it. Do I really care? Not really. I view it as a cathartic journey through life by putting my thoughts "out" there. I don't know whether to feel really "big" knowing that these words/thoughts can be viewed by anyone in the world. Or, really small... (What if I write something that offends someone? Wouldn't that be ironic that a beer truck driver in NC suddenly finds himself the object of a worldwide fatwa a la Soloman Rushdie???) Anyhoo... You are welcome to join my journey if you like. I welcome comments (Let's keep 'em civil folks...) and what will be will be.... But, as usual I digress....
My best friend Tim, (not his real name) was the first to give me feedback on my first two posts. Having known me for 30 years or so, I knew he would be brutally honest. Boy, was he. He didn't wait a whole day before exposing me as the "sham" that I am. After reading my first two posts, he sent me an e-mail telling me I sounded like "Beck". I am assuming he meant Glenn Beck, and not musicians Jeff Beck, or just plain Beck(best known for his song LOSER). The irony of all this is the fact that if you take just my first two posts, you'll think I am some kind of superconservitive political person. I'm not. Future posts could just as easily find me "geeking out" on how hackers are doing really cool things with the XBox Kinect(I'm not a gamer either) I'm just a regular guy driving a beer truck and listening to way too much NPR...

No comments:

Post a Comment